Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Q & A with Our New Miss Holly City

Getting good grades, getting involved with extracurricular activities at school, and achieving your personal goals is not always an easy task.  We recently asked our new Miss Holly City about her favorite activities and what advice she might offer underclassmen about getting more involved at school.    




What is your favorite activity that you have been involved with at MHS?
I actually have two. My favorite activities at MHS are the plays, musicals, and Key Club. When I got involved in the drama department my freshman year I actually met people who are now my best friends. Key Club has given me insight to fulfillment in serving others.

What is your favorite subject in school and why?
My favorite subject in school is physics because it is a real world application of math and you get the opportunity to come up with your own solutions.

What are your plans for after high school?
I plan on going to college and studying Marine Biology and Psychology to eventually train dolphins and work in conserving our oceans.

What advice would you give a freshman at Millville High School?
I would tell the freshman at Memorial to get involved even if it's something you may not like because it's a way to make friends. High school is the time to find out more about yourself so take risks and do not be afraid to try something new. 

We would like to extend our congratulations to all of the participants and a special thanks to our new Miss Holly City for taking time to answer our questions.